USER PRIVACY STATEMENT
Effective Date: October 28, 2016
SnoHub collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. The Services are provided by SnoHub, Inc., a Delaware corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “SnoHub” or “we”), and this Privacy Statement applies to information collected and used by SnoHub.
1. Scope and Application
This Privacy Statement (“Statement“) applies to persons anywhere in the U.S. who use our apps or Services to request on-demand professional services or merchandise (“Users”) as described in the Terms and Conditions, incorporated herein by reference. This Statement does not apply to information we collect from or about professionals, couriers, partner supplier companies, or any other persons who use the SnoHub platform under license (collectively “Suppliers”). If you interact with the Services as both a User and a Supplier, the respective privacy statements apply to your different interactions.
2. Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us.
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, items requested (for delivery services), delivery notes, and other information you choose to provide. We make all reasonable efforts to securely collect and store such data.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services.
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When you use the Services, we collect precise location data about the trip from the SnoHub app used by the Supplier. If you permit the SnoHub app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Contacts Information: If you permit the SnoHub app to access the address book on your device through the permission system used by your mobile platform, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data : Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Suppliers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Important Information About Platform Permissions.
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the SnoHub app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the SnoHub app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Information We Collect From Other Sources.
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your SnoHub account with a payment provider (e.g., Google Wallet) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- When you request on demand services, our Suppliers may provide us with a User rating after providing services to you.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Supplier or user of other apps we provide, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a User or rider.
3. Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Suppliers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications
(I) between you and a Supplier, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or
(II) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals, invites, split fare requests, or ETA sharing;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of SnoHub and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
4. Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Through Our Services.
We may share your information:
- With Suppliers to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we share your name, photo (if you provide one), average User rating given by Suppliers, and pickup and/or drop-off locations with Suppliers;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
Other Important Sharing.
We may share your information:
- With SnoHub subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SnoHub or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
5. Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
6. Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
7. Your Choices
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at support@SnoHub.com. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
SnoHub will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services. Additionally, disabling our app’s collection of precise location from your device will not limit our ability to collect your trip location information from a Supplier’s device nor our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address.
We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. The Android platform does not provide such a setting.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies and Advertising.
Please refer to our Cookie Statement (see below) for more information about your choices around cookies and related technologies.
8. Changes to the Statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
9. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at our contact form
SUPPLIER PRIVACY STATEMENT
Effective Date: October 28, 2016
SnoHub collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. For persons residing in the United States, the Services are provided by SnoHub, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter “SnoHub” or “we”).
1. Scope and Application
This U.S. Supplier Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to professionals, couriers, partner supplier companies, and any other persons that use the SnoHub platform under license (collectively “Suppliers,” or individually “you”) and reside in the United States. This Statement does not apply to Suppliers who reside outside the United States. The Statement also does not apply to persons (e.g. riders) who use our app or Services to request on-demand professional services or merchandise (“Users”). If you interact with the Services as both a User and a Supplier, the respective privacy statements apply to your different interactions.
2. Collection of Information
SnoHub may collect personal information from or about you when you create an account for, and use, the SnoHub Services, including location data, which information may be stored, processed, and/or accessed by SnoHub, as well as its service providers, for business purposes, including for marketing, lead generation, service development and improvement, analytics, industry and market research, and such other purposes consistent with SnoHub’s and its Affiliates’ legitimate business needs. By submitting information to SnoHub during the account creation process and/or by using the Services, you consent to such collection and use of personal data. Please keep in mind, however, that whenever you give out personal data online there is a risk that third-parties may intercept and use that information. While Company strives to protect your Personal Information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online. By using this Site, the App, or Services, you expressly acknowledge and agree that we do not guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by us and that any personal data or information received from you through the Site, App, or Services is provided to us at your own risk, which you expressly assume.
3. Disclosure of Supplier Information to Third Parties
Subject to all applicable laws, SnoHub may provide to a third party any information (including personal data and any SnoHub Data) about Suppliers provided hereunder if:
(a) there is a complaint, dispute or conflict, including an accident, relating to a Supplier;
(b) it is necessary to enforce the terms of the driver agreement;
(c) it is required, in SnoHub’s sole discretion, by applicable law, regulation, ordinance, license, or operating agreement;
(d) it is necessary, in SnoHub’s sole discretion, to protect the safety, rights, property, or security of SnoHub, the SnoHub Services, or any third party; to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and/or to prevent or stop activity which SnoHub, in its sole discretion, considers to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, or legally actionable.
4. Location-Based Services Consent
You hereby expressly consent to SnoHub’s use of location-based services and expressly waive and release SnoHub from any and all liability, claims, causes of action or damages arising from your use of the SnoHub Services, or in any way relating to the use of the precise location and other location-based services.
Effective Date: October 28, 2016
1. Cookies Overview
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, apps, online media, and advertisements. There are different types of cookies. Cookies served by the entity that operates the domain you are visiting are called “first party cookies.” So cookies served by SnoHub while you are on www.SnoHub.com are first party cookies. Cookies served by companies that are not operating the domain you’re visiting are called “third party cookies.” So, we may allow Google to set a cookie on your browser while you visit www.SnoHub.com, and that would be a third party cookie. Cookies may also endure for different periods of time. “Session Cookies” only last only as long as your browser is open. These are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are “persistent cookies” meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. For example, they may recognize your device when you re-open your browser and browse the internet again.
2. Other Identification Technologies
We call this a Cookie Statement, but the statement addresses cookies and other identification technologies we may use or permit on our Services. “Pixel tags” (also called beacons or pixels) are small blocks of code installed on (or called by) a webpage, app, or advertisement which can retrieve certain information about your device and browser, including for example: device type, operating system, browser type and version, website visited, time of visit, referring website, IP address, and other similar information, including the small text file (the cookie) that uniquely identifies the device. Pixels provide the means by which third parties can set and read browser cookies from a domain that they do not themselves operate and collect information about visitors to that domain, typically with the permission of the domain owner. “Local storage” refers generally to other places on a browser or device where information can be stored by websites, ads, or third parties (such as HTML5 local storage and browser cache). “Software Development Kits” (also called SDKs) function like pixels and cookies, but operate in the mobile app context where pixels and cookies cannot always function. The primary app developer can install pieces of code (the SDK) from partners in the app, and thereby allow the partner to collect certain information about user interaction with the app and information about the user device and network information.
3. Your Choices
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. However, they are an important part of how our Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser which are usually located within the “Help” or “Preferences” menu. Some third parties also provide the ability to refuse their cookies directly by clicking on an opt-out link, and we have indicated where this is possible in the table above.
Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies which may be used by us or our partners in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit this site for more information. For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
4. Types and Purposes of Cookies
The following table sets out the different categories of cookies that our Services use and why we use them. The lists of third party cookie providers are intended merely as illustrative not comprehensive.
|Type of Cookie||Purpose||Who Serves (for example)|
|Authentication Cookies||These cookies (including local storage and similar technologies) tell us when you’re logged in, so we can show you the appropriate experience and features such as your account information, trip history, and to edit your account settings.||
|Security and site integrity cookies||We use these cookies to support or enable security features to help keep SnoHub safe and secure. For example, they enable us to remember when you are logged into a secure area of the Services and help protect your account from being accessed by anyone other than you.||
|Localization||These help SnoHub provide a localized experience. For example, we may store information in a cookie that is placed on your browser or device so you will see the site in your preferred language.||
|Advertising||Things like cookies and pixels are used to deliver relevant ads, track ad campaign performance and efficiency. For example, we and our ad partners may rely on information gleaned through these cookies to serve you ads that may be interesting to you on other websites. Similarly, our partners may use a cookie, attribution service or another similar technology to determine whether we’ve served an ad and how it performed or provide us with information about how you interact with them. For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web-browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices if you are in the United States.||